Sleep well in an atmospheric hotel
Hotel Valo combines the tranquillity of nature with peace of mind as the area is known for its wellness services. Whether you prefer a modern spa and sauna, or natural treatments, you will find both from us as described in the Nowene wellness concept.
After unpacking you can start checking out the traditional Finnish methods of health and wellbeing. We invite you to the legendary smoke sauna and peat treatments. Additionally, you can test the effects of an infrared sauna, salt room and water massage on your body. We are happy to show you Nowene’s secrets.
We are confident that the Nordic Wellness Experience will give you a perfect night’s sleep – sometimes even under the Aurora Borealis.
Hotel Valo has a variety of rooms
2 single beds
1 single bed
1 double bed, sofa bed
Classic – Kahden hengen huone Double
One bedroom suite
1 wide double bed
Apartment (hotel room)
Amenities include a stove, a microwave and a refrigerator
+358 44 700 8820
Children and extra beds
One child under the age of 2 can stay for free, if a baby bed is used.
One older child or an adult can stay for extra 25 EUR/per night/person, when an additional bed is used.
Extra beds and cots available upon request. Availability must be confirmed by the hotel.
Pets are welcome but must be agreed beforehand. Extra charge is 25 eur / pet.
Cards and payment
Hotel Valo accepts most major bank and credit cards and reserves the right to pre-authorize your card prior to arrival.
Nowene is easy to find and has good connections:
Only some kilometres from E75
1,5 hours from Helsinki-Vantaa Airport
Close to large water routes: Lake Ruotsalainen, Lake Konnivesi and Lake Päijänne
Local Lahden Liikenne buses stop hourly on weekdays
- Private beach on Pond Terveyslampi
- Bonfire place or Place for bonfire (permission to be asked from Hotel Valo)
- Garden / Outdoor area and forest milieu
Entertainment in the area and its close neighbourhood
- Nowene Spa and its separately ordered special treatments
- Unforgettable beautiful Lake cruises by M/S Pyhäjärvi vessel
- Outdoor gym in the Nowene Forest Path
- Spinning (lessons available upon enquiry)
- Stair running
- Fishing (Fishing permissions can be bought from the local Gasoline Station Shell, GSM: +358 3 715 2130).
- Hiking and biking trails that run past the Hotel Valo
- Track & Field
- Horse Race Track
- Several Golf tracks within 40 minutes of drive from here
- 1 hour to KymiRing
- Downhill sledding
- Slalom (Messilä) / and Purnuvuori
Restaurants and shops
S-Market Tori ja Tori
Long-distance bus stop, Kaivokatu
Local bus stop
ca. 50 m (on weekdays)